Amalfi Coast & the Isle of Capri
3rd - 10th June, 2019
Isle of Capri, Positano, Ravello, Amalfi, Sorrento, Pompei.
3 nights Isle of Capri
4 nights Positano
The Amalfi coast can boast some of the most dramatic and stunning stretch of coastline in all of Europe. Listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage site, the area is well known for its scenic beauty, picturesque towns and rugged terrain. The Isle of Capri is a place of legend… once the playground of the Roman Emperors and now a playground for the rich and famous.
The island juts out of the sea at the far end of the Sorrentine peninsula and is surrounded by gorgeous cliff bound scenery… hillsides, villas and tiny lanes draped in bougainvillea and honeysuckle. Our Capri hotel overlooks the brilliant azure waters of the Mediterranean and in Positano, the lovely town itself. The Amalfi Coast base will include visits to Pompeii, Positano, Sorrento, Ravello, Amalfi and the amazing coast road.
Want to see more of Italy…..why not check out our Rome to Florence tour which follows directly on from this tour. Check out this tour here
Number of Days8
Number of Nights7
Cost$ 4900 Twin Share $3850 USD
Single Supplement$ 920
Activity Levelmedium level of fitness required
Your Amalfi Coast & the Isle of Capri Includes
- Visit the stunning towns of Ravello and Amalfi along the spectacular Amalfi coast
- Discover the famous ‘Amalfi coast road’
- 3 star hotels in the very heart of the places you want to be
- Stay in centre of the most beautiful town on the coast – Positano
- Experience the lovely Isle of Capri and walk the path of the Emperor Tiberius
- Discover the romantic town of Sorrento
- Sit on the beach to enjoy a wonderful seafood lunch in a bay next to Positano
- Walk the streets of Pompei with a local guide
- Group pickup from central Naples train station (this is only a 1 hour short train ride from Rome)
- Drop off at Naples train station
- Meals as indicated in each itinerary
- Water and wine at meals
- Transportation – small Mercedes minibus, or similar, ferries – taxis might be used at times
- Professional and registered drivers and guides
- Entrance into sites when accompanied by Guide/Tour Manager as indicated in itinerary
- All hotel taxes and gratuities
- Limited to only 12 guests (most times less)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- This tour is a semi escorted tour with our wonderful guide based in Naples
• Items of a personal nature
Day 1 - Capri
Day 2 - Capri
Day 3 - Capri
To discover the island of Capri is quite a feast.
Day 4 - Positano
Dinner at leisure.
Day 5 - Positano
(This walk does include some stairs - if you have mobility issues, this might be a problem)
Dine at leisure in Positano.
Day 6 - Positano - A day at leisure in Positano
Dine at leisure in Positano.
Day 7 - Positano
Day 8 - Positano
Our itineraries are carefully planned and well thought out but touring Italy can sometimes offer wonderful surprises. The magic of travelling in such a small group allows us to cater for this spontaneity and it is sometimes these unplanned occurrences that can be the most memorable. The rich tapestry of experiences and the characters you meet along the way will make this guided tour of Italy something special and one you will remember for a lifetime.