Tours to Greece-Greek Indulgence Tour
A magical discovery of Athens and then island hopping - in style - to the best islands of Greece.
This perfect discovery of Greece starts in Athens – edgy and very exciting. This city has so much to offer including the incredible site of the Acropolis which overlooks the city. Filled with a wide selection of restaurants, wonderful shopping and stunning archaelogical sites and museums you really won’t want to leave. Our expert guide will lead us on a fascinating food tour of Athens – what a wonderful way to get to know a city.
In Mykonos we visit the beautiful town of Chora with tiny streets draped in bougainvillaea we can sit in coffee shops overlooking the sea and the city windmills. We venture out to a hill top town to dine with Christos who has one of the best local restaurants on the island, everything he cooks comes from the family farm. We meet Antonis ,our local guide, who will take us on a scenic tour of Mykonos, visiting the beautiful beaches and the stunning town. In the evening, we’ll have a special dinner cooked just for us overlooking the town and bay.
The view from our hotel in Santorini is stunning. This is one of the most beautiful and picture perfect islands in Greece with its white washed houses, blue domes and brilliant blue shimmering sea – we’ll explore it up close with our own private yacht, sailing the caldera – how perfect!
Our last island is Crete and although bigger than the others it is brimming with amazing architecture and fascinating history. We spend our time here in the Venetian port of Chania staying in a quaint historical hotel, right in the centre. We venture out to a mountain village, more like a wild west town really, where Koula will show us why Cretan food is know all over the world as the healthiest, and most delicious. Chania is a delightful town with tiny streets filled with artisans producing jewellery, rugs and soaps. Staying right in the centre has its benefits.
3 Nights Athens
3 Nights Mykonos
3 Nights Santorini
1 night Heraklion Crete
3 Nights Chania Crete
Number of Days14
Number of Nights13
Single Supplement$ 1480
Activity LevelModerate (Santorini has many stairs) not suitable for people with mobility problems
Your Tours to Greece-Greek Indulgence Tour Includes
- All land, sea (and air) content from the start of the tour to the end – 2 flights, 2 ferries
- 13 nights accommodation (including all breakfasts). Superior hotels with wonderful views.
- 13 breakfasts, lunches or dinner with great dining experiences as mentioned in the itinerary
- Amazing day touring the caldera of Santorini in a private yacht-luxurious
- Swimming in the brilliant blue waters of the Aegean
- Fun cooking class in a mountain village, with a celebrated author
- Private guided tour of the Palace of Knosses (Crete), Acropolis and the new Acropolis museum
- Wine & food tasting experience in one of the best wineries in Santorini
- Food and Wine walking tour through the streets of Athens-learn what Greek food is all about
- Delicious dinners in stunning locations
- Scenic tour of Mykonos, including Little Venice, windmills and best beaches. Dinner in a stunning locale overlooking the town
- All wine with meals
- A tour escort for the entire period of the tour with professional and registered guides and drivers. No hassles for you!
- All tips and gratuities to drivers and guides
- Tour starts in Athens and finishes in Athens
- All meals as mentioned in the itinerary.
• Items of a personal nature
Day 1 - Athens Welcome to Greece
Our tours to Greece are well organised, small groups and great fun.
Day 2 - Athens Ancient Athens Walking Tour
Day 3 - Athens Food Tour of Athens
Day 4 - Mykonos Flight to Mykonos
Day 5 - Mykonos
Day 6 - Mykonos Delos Island
Day 7 - Santorini
Santorini hotels are built into the side of the cliff and consequently have many stairs - this tour is not suitable for people with mobility problems.
Day 8 - Sanorini Sailing the caldera on our own yacht
Day 9 - Santorni Up for a walk?
If exercise is your thing, we will walk along the cliff face with stunning views of the caldera to the next town. The walk is around 3 - 3.5 hours and the path takes us along the coast line - stunning. We will pass through some other lovely hill top towns before reaching Thira where we should be just in time for lunch at a hill top restaurant.
For those who don’t want to walk: Relax in the morning and catch up with the walkers in Thira to explore this lovely town.
Day 10 - Santorini Wine Tour and a discovery of Santorini overnight Heraklyon Crete
We catch a late afternoon ferry to the beautiful island of Crete.
Day 11 - Heraklion (1 night) Crete
In the afternoon we arrive into Chania, a gorgeous Venetian port filled with tiny alleyways and small shops selling handicrafts, jewellery, handmade soaps etc.This small city is a delight and we are staying right in the historic centre at the best hotel. Our dinner tonight is in the one of the most authentic restaurants in Chania - delicious food.
Day 12 - Chania Cretan Cooking
This afternoon at 3.30pm we meet to take a short drive to a hillside village (this place really is like a wild west town) where we’ll discover much about Cretan cooking. Koula is an expert cook and author and you won’t believe the dishes we prepare in just one afternoon. The class takes place in an old mill, such a lovely setting. All dishes are made of genuine pure Cretan products and this will be informative as well as lots of fun. We enjoy dinner under the stars before venturing back to our lovely hotel.
Day 13 - Walking tour of Chania with Alki
This evening we meet for an aperitivo before venturing out to our last night in gorgeous Chania - how sad! We’ll sit under the stars yet again to taste another great Cretan meal and reminisce over our wonderful Greek adventure.