Tours to Greece-Greek Indulgence Tour
11th September - 24th September, 2019
Only 4 places remaining.
A magical discovery of Athens and then island hopping - in style - to the best islands of Greece.
This perfect discovery of Greece starts in Athens – edgy and very exciting. This city has so much to offer including the incredible site of the Acropolis which overlooks the city. Filled with a wide selection of restaurants, wonderful shopping and stunning archaelogical sites and museums you really won’t want to leave. Our expert guide will lead us on a fascinating food tour of Athens – what a wonderful way to get to know a city.
In Mykonos we visit the beautiful town of Chora with tiny streets draped in bougainvillaeae. Imagine sitting in coffee shops or bar overlooking the sea and the city windmills. We venture out to a hill top town to dine with Christos who has one of the best local restaurants on the island, everything he cooks comes from the family farm. We meet Antonis, our local guide, who will take us on a special walking tour through the labyrinth of tiny white washed streets in scenes that are iconic.
The view from our hotel in Santorini is stunning. This is one of the most beautiful and picture perfect islands in Greece with its white washed houses, blue domes and brilliant blue shimmering sea. On a very special exploration of the exquisite waters of Santorini we have our own private yacht – yes, just for us – to explore the myriad of perfect beaches and coves – what an amazing day on the water. And when we are tired of swimming our captain will treat us to a true Greek barbecue, which tastes even more delicious given our stunning blue background.
Our last island is Crete and although bigger than the others it is brimming with amazing architecture and fascinating history. We spend our time here in the Venetian port of Chania staying in a quaint historical hotel, right in the centre. We venture out to a mountain village, more like a wild west town really, where Koula will show us why Cretan food is known all over the world as the healthiest, and most delicious. Chania is a delightful town with tiny streets filled with artisans producing jewellery, rugs and soaps. Staying right in the centre has its benefits.
3 Nights Athens
3 Nights Mykonos
3 Nights Santorini
1 night Heraklion Crete
3 Nights Chania Crete
Number of Days14
Number of Nights13
Single Supplement$ 1980
Activity LevelModerate (Santorini has many stairs) not suitable for people with mobility problems
Your Tours to Greece-Greek Indulgence Tour Includes
- All land, sea (and air) content from the start of the tour to the end – 2 flights, 2 ferries
- 13 nights accommodation. Superior hotels with wonderful views.
- 13 breakfasts, lunches or dinner with great dining experiences as mentioned in the itinerary
- Amazing day touring the caldera of Santorini on a private luxurious yacht
- Swimming in the brilliant blue waters of the Aegean
- Fun cooking class in a mountain village, with a celebrated author.
- Private guided tour of the Palace of Knosses (Crete), Acropolis and the new Acropolis museum
- Wine tasting and lunch in Santorini on a tour of the island
- A magical walking tour along the rim of the caldera in Santorini (for those feeling active) – or just relax by the pool
- Food and Wine walking tour through the streets of Athens-learn what Greek food is all about
- Delicious dinners in stunning locations
- We’ll visit one of the best restaurants on Mykonos, truly authentic food in this tiny restaurant
- Amazing dinner in Athens on the roof top overlooking the stunning Acropolis which is lit up at night
- Scenic tour of Mykonos town, including Little Venice and the iconic windmills. Dinner in a stunning locale overlooking the town
- A special day exploring the island of Delos with a wonderful guide to learn about this fascinating ancient island.
- Walk the streets of Chania in Crete with a wonderful guide
- Enjoy dinner in a converted hamam in Chania
- All wine with meals
- A tour escort for the entire period of the tour with professional and registered guides and drivers. No hassles for you!
- Great hotels right in the centre of the action in Athens, near the Plaka. 3 and 4 star superior hotels. Amazing views in Santorini. Close to Mykonos town and right on the harbour in Heraklion.
- All tips and gratuities to drivers and guides
- Tour starts in Athens and finishes in Athens
- All meals as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Two flights included with all transfers
- Two ferries included with all transfers
• Items of a personal nature
Day 1 - Athens Welcome to Greece (Overnight Athens)
Our tours to Greece are well organised, small groups of 12 and great fun.
Day 2 - Athens Ancient Athens Walking Tour (Overnight Athens)
Day 3 - Athens Food Tour of Athens (Overnight Athens)
Day 4 - Mykonos Flight to Mykonos (Overnight Mykonos)
Day 5 - Mykonos (Overnight Mykonos)
Day 6 - Mykonos Delos Island (Overnight Mykonos)
Day 7 - Santorini (Overnight Santorini)
Santorini hotels are built into the side of the cliff and consequently have stairs - this tour is not suitable for people with mobility problems. Ours is a cave house hotel, meaning the rooms are built into the hills surrounding the water, they are cave houses.
Day 8 - Sanorini Sailing the caldera on our own yacht (Overnight Santorini)
Day 9 - Santorni Up for a walk? (Overnight Santorini)
If exercise is your thing, we will walk along the cliff face with stunning views of the caldera to the next town. The walk is around 2 hours and the path takes us along the coast line - stunning. At lunchtime the walkers will be rewarded with amazing views and enjoy lunch overlooking the sea.
For those who don’t want to walk: Relax in the morning and catch up with the walkers for lunch.
Day 10 - Santorini Wine Tour and a discovery of Santorini (Overnight Heraklion, Crete, one night)
We catch a late afternoon ferry to the beautiful island of Crete.
Day 11 - Chania Crete (Overnight Chania, Crete)
In the afternoon we arrive into Chania, a gorgeous Venetian port filled with tiny alleyways and small shops selling handicrafts, jewellery, handmade soaps etc.This small city is a delight and we are staying right in the historic centre at the best hotel. Our dinner tonight is in the one of the most authentic restaurants in Chania - delicious food.
Day 12 - Chania Cretan Cooking (Overnight Chania, Crete)
This afternoon at 3.00pm we meet to take a short drive to a hillside village (this place really is like a wild west town) where we’ll discover much about Cretan cooking. Koula is an expert cook and author and you won’t believe the dishes we prepare in just one afternoon. The class takes place in an old mill, such a lovely setting. All dishes are made of genuine pure Cretan products and this will be informative as well as lots of fun. We enjoy dinner under the stars before venturing back to our lovely hotel.
Day 13 - Walking tour of Chania with Alki (Overnight Chania, Crete)
This evening we meet for an aperitivo before venturing out to our last night in gorgeous Chania - how sad! We’ll sit under the stars yet again to taste another great Cretan meal and reminisce over our wonderful Greek adventure.