Venice Extension Tour
We offer a four day extension to many of our tours.
Venice is an engineering marvel, ornate palaces and marble churches built on top of ancient posts rammed into the very muddy banks of the lagoon. The Venetians were such practical people, escaping the barbarians from the north they managed to build a stunning city in the most inhospitable of places- and what a city it is.
Venice is magnificent. Its main square, St Mark’s, can quite clearly be judged the most beautiful in all of Italy – the Doge’s Palace sits overlooking the lagoon next to the magnificent St Marks Basilica – so many treasures in such a small space.
Number of Days4
Number of Nights3
Single Supplement$ 380
Your Venice Extension Tour Includes
- Accommodation in superior 3 or 4 star hotels close to the monumental Rialto Bridge
- Exclusive classic tour of Venice with our expert guide Antonella who will guide us through the tiny streets and tell us of the amazing history
- Visit the stunning Doge’s Palace with our expert guide
- Travel the Grand Canal with our sleek private boat enjoying the views of Venice – this is the way everyone should see Venice
- Discover the way Venetians enjoy their aperitivo time with cicchetti (delicious food and wine)
- Very fast train to Venice from Florence
- Authentic Venetian dinner sampling authentic Venetian cuisine
- Enjoy free time to visit the glassblowing factories of Murano and the colourful houses of the fishing island Burano
• Items of a personal nature
Our exclusive Classic Venice Tour
Our small group tour to Venice will allow us to take a sneak peek inside the most important buildings in Venice: The Doge’s palace and Saint Mark’s church. The Doge’s Palace tells of the fascinating history, art and culture of the Venetian Republic.
We’ll visit the magnificent halls of the Venetian government so richly decorated by the most important artists of the XVI th century and the Doge’s private apartments. We’ll also cross the famous Bridge of Sighs to see the old prisons of the Republic.
Saint Mark’s church. Close to the Doge’s palace is the church which was once the Doge’s private chapel and nowadays the Venetian cathedral - a rare example of Byzantine art with its golden mosaics and the “Pala d’Oro” (Golden Alterpiece) rich in enamels, precious stones and jewels. Inside this church one can also visit the Gallery in order to see the original bronze horses brought from Constantinople during the second Crusade
In the afternoon, you might decide to further explore the many intriguing back-streets of Venice, where daily life can be observed.
Our Grand Canal Tour
The Venetian “Canalasso” (Gran Canal) is the main “street” in Venice; it was once the main residential area for Noblemen and seat of the most important commercial activities.
Moving along its banks you’ll be enchanted by the extraordinary sequence of palaces and churches facing the water.
In the afternoon you might decide to tour the outlying islands of Murano, Burano etc to view the artisans at their work of glass making. The window shopping here is irresistible with the fascinating colours of the glass and jewellery.