Ciao Bella! A Women’s Tour to Italy (with Venice extension)
1st September - 14th September, 2018 (5 Places remaining)
Venice Extension 14th - 17th Sept, 2018
We have a woman who love to share a room - contact us.
Combine this with our Women's Tour to Greece!
Visit Rome, Amalfi Coast (Positano), Isle of Capri, Pompei, Florence, Siena, San Gimignano, Chianti, Tuscan walled towns, Florence (and Venice)
Sometimes finding travelling partners can be difficult but with a small group women’s tour to Italy you have the added benefit of being in a group of women, just like you. Join us for a holiday of a lifetime, travelling solo but never alone. New friends are just around the corner.
Our Italian Indulgence Ciao Bella Tour – Group size up to only 12
3 nights Rome
3 nights Positano
4 nights Chianti
3 nights Florence
We also offer a 3 night Venice extension tour immediately following our Ciao Bella Tour. Check out our Venice Extension Tour here
Discover Ciao Bella Italia on this special women’s tour to Italy. Our fully escorted women’s tour will experience the history and art with expert local guides, sip an aperitivo in the piazza of a Tuscan hill town, walk along ancient cobbled stone streets, window shop in the most chic of places, visit markets and galleries, taste the regional cuisine and wine and still have enough time to relax and soak up the atmosphere of this beautiful country. Our small tours for women to Italy are designed by women, for women, and are fully escorted by an Italian Indulgence Tour escort.
Specialists in Women’s Tours to Italy and Greece
Like to view our wonderful tour to Greece for women? More here…..
Tours for women | tours for women to Greece | trips for women | tours for women to Italy | Women’s Tours |Women’s tours to Italy | Ciao Bella Tours to Italy
Number of Days14
Number of Nights13
Cost$ 6930 Twin Share $5300 USD
Single Supplement$ 1880
Your Ciao Bella! A Women’s Tour to Italy (with Venice extension) Includes
This tour is fully escorted by the Australian owner of Italian Indulgence, Annette Blight, or by our wonderful Italian guide Michela who lives in Rome (they are both amazing tour leaders, very caring and experienced)
So many inclusions.
- Breakfast daily, meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Private guided tour of Ancient Rome & the Colosseum (with an expert Roman guide….. P.S. some tours don’t use registered guides)
- Visit the iconic Tuscan hill towns of San Gimignano and the lesser known towns with time to do some amazing shopping
- Private guided tour to the Vatican in a special early morning entry (be in the Sistine Chapel before the crowds)
- Stays of 3 or 4 nights (no constant packing and unpacking)
- Amazing day on the water visiting the stunning Isle of Capri
- Swimming in one of the grottoes of Capri surrounded by brilliant blue water
- A walk through the town of Positano to find all of the best products of the coast i.e, locally made linen and sandals
- Private guided walking tour (with an official guide) of the stunning Tuscan town of Siena – visit the famous Il Campo, the star of so many films (think James Bond)
- Visit to the ancient city of Pompei (with an expert guide to Pompei)
- Wine tour and tasting in an ancient villa producing the best Chianti wine in the area
- Special Tuscan picnic on the terrace overlooking the vineyards in our Chianti hotel
- A special dining experience in Florence where we eat like the ancient Tuscans – such fun
- Lunch in an ancient villa, just for our group
- Delicious local food
- ‘Special’ dining experiences with spectacular views
- ‘Skip the line’ tickets to see Michelangelo’s David
- ‘Skip the line’ tickets to view the best renaissance art in Italy at The Uffizi in Florence
- Very small group of up to 12 (most times less)
- 3 and 4 star superior hotels placed right in the centre of the towns we visit (always so close to the special places we want to visit)
- Entrances into galleries and attractions when accompanied by a guide
- Group ground transportation throughout the tour including chauffeur driven vans, very fast train, ferries (a local bus may be used in Amalfi) taxis at times
- Time for shopping and your own discovery
- Visit to a stunning castle in Chianti where we learn of the very important inhabitants
- All table wine with meals
- All tips and gratuities
- Every detail is taken care of so you don’t need to worry
- We only use special local guides to take our tiny groups into the monuments – this is required under Italian law
Occasionally this tour will visit Chianti before Florence
Flights and items of a personal nature.
Day 1 – Rome. Welcome to Roma
Tonight we'll indulge in an authentic Roman meal and get to know our Ciao Bella travelling companions, with some lovely local wine of course.
Day 2 – Rome. Ancient Rome Tour
Day 3 - Rome. Early Entry into the Vatican Museum (skip the lines with an expert guide)
Or a little window shopping might be more to your liking?
Day 4 – Rome to Pompeii and Positano. The mystery of Pompei will be revealed
We only use expert guides for our 'special' visits as Italian law restricts guides unless they have the correct license.
Day 5 - Positano. Shopping, Walking or Cooking?
Or as an exciting option, you could take part in a fun cooking class at one of Positano's best known restaurants (optional).
Also optional is 'The Walk of the Gods' which is a spectacular walk along the mountain behind Positano - 3 hours.
Day 6 - Positano. A day on the water experiencing the Amalfi coast
After lunch, it's back on our boat where we will spend some time finding the perfect swimming spot and exploring the gorgeous island. The geology of the island is ancient and fascinating. We will explore the grottoes that can only be found with a smaller boat and might be able to swim in the brilliantly coloured waters. Imagine sitting on our private boat sipping prosecco and munching on the delicious sweet delicacies of the Amalfi coast, wondering what our mates back home are doing.
Day 7 - Florence. North to Tuscany
Day 8 - Florence. The streets of Leonardo and Michelangelo's home
In the afternoon you might decide to visit one of the excellent galleries or museums for which Florence is famous.
Day 9 - Florence. Discover Michelangelo's 'David'
Following our experience in the palazzo we discover the central food market, the bustling heart of the city. Tasting and sampling as we go, we'll enjoy the best products of not only Tuscany but the whole of Italy. After our morning in the market, you will have 'skip the line' tickets to view Michelangelo's David in the Accademy.
Free time this afternoon and you might decide to spend time visiting the hundreds of museums and galleries like the Pitti Palace, Bargello, Salvatore Ferragamo or the new Gucci museum... or hit the shops and markets where you can pick up your new Italian bag or jacket.
Day 10 - Chianti. Lunch in an ancient villa
Day 11 - Chianti. A day of leisure in the centre of Tuscany
Day 12 - Chianti. San Gimignano, the perfect Tuscan town
Day 13 - Chianti. Siena
Day 14 - Venice (our Venice extension tour). Goodbye to Tuscany, Hello to Venice
Don't want to leave Italy? Why not join your group on a further exploration of Venice? This amazing city, built in the most inhospitable of places, a lagoon, is such a wonderful jewel to explore. The magnificent villas lining the Grand Canal and the tiny calles (lanes) are so atmospheric....sometimes eery at night.
This morning we will take the fast train to the island of Venice and it's not until you pass over the rail bridge that you realise what an amazing engineering feat Venice is.Every building and bridge uses as its base vertical poles rammed into the earth and water to support the most beautiful villas lining the Grand Canal. This is a city unlike any other. So atmospheric, you could be forgiven for thinking that you were walking back in time when venturing out to the tiny streets away from St Mark's Square (which happens to be the most beautiful in all of Italy). After settling in to our hotel, near the Rialto Bridge, we'll take an orientation walk to St Mark's and meet our guide Antonella who, along with our trusty private boat captain (in his gorgeous wooden boat), will take us on the most amazing exploration of the back canals of Venice. We'll find out how the real Venetians live, how they get around this island without the use of cars, how they live and work in a world quite different from other cities. We'll learn how they bury their dead, school the children, why it's so difficult for young Venetians to live on the island. The stunning villas lining the Grand Canal can only be truly appreciated by travelling in a private boat.
Tonight let's enjoy the Venetian pastime of cicchetti - where we will enjoy delicious snacks with the local Venetian wine, before our dinner.
Venice is also filled with music and most nights it's possible to enjoy a concert or opera all set in lovely palazzos.
Day 15 - Venice. Learn the secrets of Venice with a local
This afternoon, it will be possible to take the local ferry to Murano, the only place where glass can be blown, away from the main island of Venice. We'll be able to watch artisans ply their trade and maybe take home a beautiful momento of Venice.
Who's up for an evening gondola ride? Tonight we'll do what all good tourists do and share a gondola ride through the magical back canals of Venice.....couldn't be more perfect than to be on the water in Venice.
Day 16 - Venice. A visit to Murano?
Tonight we'll dine in a tiny restaurant off the beaten track, producing truly authentic Venetian cuisine.